By using this Website or any other of our services, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, in whole or part, we ask you to terminate your use of this Website. Please note that this policy applies with respect to the information collected on the website and through any other contact we have with you.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
We are AldCorp Creative, a creative agency situated in the Western Cape, Republic of South Africa (herinafter also Supplier, we or us) and this is the policy for www.aldcorp.co.za (the Website). For questions about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact us or our Customer Support by email at email@example.com.
We are the data controller of your personal information and it is also us who provides the services to you. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to record calls between us and authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available from our footer navigation that is found on our website. When you contact us, the Supplier, we ask you for personal information. We may use this information to process your orders and to communicate with you about the status of your orders. We also use your email address to send you newsletters you are subscribed to during registration, as well as messages about special offers, promotional announcements, and consumer surveys.
Occasionally, we send our customers special offers and promotional information via postal mail, using the shipping address provided. If you no longer want to receive the newsletters or other announcements simply unsubscribe by checking the unsubscribe links.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the our website and via email. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our Customer Support at the above provided email address, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions.
The types of personal information collected at these pages include:
- Billing address
- Home address
- Work address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit/debit card information
- Alternative payment information (Fast Pay, PayPal, etc.)
- Unique identifiers (such as username and password)
- Shipping account information
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as mobile devices, hardware such as VoIP Phones or desktop applications). This information includes:
- Device IDs or other unique identifiers; device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest-based data, and Internet browsing behaviour.
LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may process your personal data under any of the following legal grounds.
- In the context of our legitimate interests. Where required for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party.
- As a result of your consent. In some cases, we may obtain your consent to process your personal data for certain purposes such as when you ask us to send you marketing or promotional material. Consent given can be withdrawn at any time.
- For the performance of a contract. We either have a contract with you or have the intention to enter into a contract with you and therefore need to process your personal data to comply with the obligations under the contract.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will always stick to the following principles:
- We only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it.
- We think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The primary use of your personal information, other than directly in connection with a purchase, is to efficiently provide you with personalized, relevant information. We also use registration information to let you know about new features or other offers of interest from us and to address customer service needs and requests.
For example, we use information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized recommendations and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms
- analyse and understand our customers, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize our products or services and its standard of quality;
- communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about our business, details about new features and content available, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests.
We also use the data for these particular purposes:
- Information we need to contact you occasionally about any promotions, new products, events or services we are currently running.
- To identify our audience for market research and marketing purposes
- Compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website
- To improve and monitor the usability of our website
COOKIES AND LOG FILES
Contrary to popular myth, cookies do not extract private or personal information from your computer’s memory, but rather, record only information you volunteer to us upon registering or visiting the site.
Cookies are tiny files placed onto the hard drive of your computer when you register at our Web site that enable our server to recognize or “remember” who you are each time you return. Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. Further information on the use and management of cookies can be found at: https://cookiepedia.co.uk.
Like most standard website servers, we reserve the right to use log files. This includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM US:
- a) Special offers and updates
We send all new members a welcoming email. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users, we present the option to not receive these types of communications. We also send all registrants special offers and updates regarding our services. If you are a former customer, you will continue to receive special offers and updates regarding our services unless you choose to unsubscribe from such communications.
- b) Newsletter
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our user’s privacy, we provide a way to opt-out of these communications.
- c) Service announcements
On rare occasions, it is necessary to send out a strictly service-related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
- d) Customer service
We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regard to issues relating to their account, we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the user’s wishes.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply send us an email to unsubscribe.
Information submitted by you online (such as information about products you purchase from us, your name, address, email address) may be shared with companies with which we have a commercial relationship, including companies through which you reached us, the Supplier.
We will not, except as may be required by law, share with any other party your password information. We may also share information about you (including name, email address, phone number, and postal address) to our marketing partners or other companies with whom we have a commercial relationship so they may contact you about information and services that we feel you would benefit from.
We also reserve the right to disclose aggregated user statistics, such as “45% of our users are female” in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties. Under the protection of confidentiality agreements, the Supplier may match common user information, such as name, address and phone number with third party data to avoid duplication and prevent errors.
ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND PROFILES
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer our services, we may use technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit our services. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box “Keep me logged in” when you log in to the website. We only show this when we are enabling this technology.
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information (including in some cases personal information) such as your order history, product history, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in Your Account). This remains true even if you use our Users feature. Users allow different users to be granted access to your our services.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We take every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, their information is protected both online and offline.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just “surfing.” While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 18.
YOUR INFORMATION AND RIGHTS
You can access your personally identifiable information collected by contacting us.
To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email address provided above. We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks such as free trial fraud. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honour your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
The GDPR explicitly states its commitment to European citizens and data subjects early on in the legislation. Chapter 3 outlines eight distinct rights that all Europeans are entitled to and that your organization must uphold through your data practices.
The eight user rights are:
- The Right to Information
- The Right of Access
- The Right to Rectification
- The Right to Erasure
- The Right to Restriction of Processing
- The Right to Data Portability
- The Right to Object
- The Right to Avoid Automated Decision-Making
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This policy was last updated at this date: MAY 2019